Can I write data to the played stream byte by byte?

F-IN-BOX for Delphi / Builder C++ / VCL
happywking

Can I write data to the played stream byte by byte?

Postby happywking » Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:03 am

If I write data to the stream byte by byte, not write the whole file at oce, then can the stream be played by Flashplayerctrol normally, just like common Flashplayer plays a swf file on the internet?

thank you !

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:26 pm

We are planning to include this feature in the one of future releases but current implementation of the component doesn't allow to use streams as you wrote. The whole stream is saved in the internal storage before passing to the flash.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

happywking

need help

Postby happywking » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:37 am

oh, :(

then can you find some relatively good solution for me?

I want to play Flash movie in my program, and the movies are stored on internet, so I hope that it can begin to play as soon as posible, not after all the movie downloaded.

If it is not possible to download and play a movie byte by byte , is it possible to divide the whole file into a few parts . when the first part has been downloaded, it begin to play, at the same time download next part, and so on?

Softanics
Site Admin

Re: need help

Postby Softanics » Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:42 am

happywking wrote:I want to play Flash movie in my program, and the movies are stored on internet, so I hope that it can begin to play as soon as posible, not after all the movie downloaded.

If a movie is stored on the internet, using a movie property is preferably.

happywking wrote:If it is not possible to download and play a movie byte by byte , is it possible to divide the whole file into a few parts . when the first part has been downloaded, it begin to play, at the same time download next part, and so on?

It's impossible with current version of the component.

F-IN-BOX support

happywking

Postby happywking » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:13 am

But my aim is to show swf stored on internet?and avoid temporary file in order to protect the copyright of my swf.

And, my swf files are not very short, so I hope to keep the feature of streaming. Could you kindly help to write some code to solve the problem, intstead of only using your component? if you would like to do it, you can advise me how much extra charge you want to.

happywking

Postby happywking » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:18 am

Or, if I buy your component with source code, is it comparetively easy to modify your code to make the internal stream shared by the flash player to play and another thread to write data into it?

thank you once again! The feature of streaming is very important for me!

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:33 pm

happywking wrote:But my aim is to show swf stored on internet?and avoid temporary file in order to protect the copyright of my swf.

And, my swf files are not very short, so I hope to keep the feature of streaming. Could you kindly help to write some code to solve the problem, intstead of only using your component? if you would like to do it, you can advise me how much extra charge you want to.

Please write to support (at) flashplayercontrol.com or give me your e-mail. I think we can provide a custom solution for you in the nearest time.

F-IN-BOX support

happywking

Postby happywking » Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:20 am

Thank you for your help!

I need a solution to play swf which is stored on internet, without temporary file ,and keeping the feature of STREAMING.

I have sent an email to you, please have a check.

My email address is happywking(at)163.com, and please cc a copy to
chancewen(at)hotmail.com , through msn we can also have a talk about it.

Best regard!

Chance Wen

Return to “Delphi / Builder / VCL Edition”