A few newbie questions...

F-IN-BOX for Delphi / Builder C++ / VCL
GuyWithDogs

A few newbie questions...

Postby GuyWithDogs » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:40 pm

I've used the Flash OCX imported into Delphi and did some programs with that. This looked interesting, if only for the ability to play more easily with the sound control.

However, after grabbing the demo version, reading the forums, trying the pre-compiled demos, and then reading the help and trying a "real" program, I'm left with a few questions:

1. Why doesn't the ReadyStateChange event fire when I assign a file name to the .Movie property?

2. Are there no added events that detect when the SWF file reaches the last frame, or loops, or ??? Do I need to still run my own timer to monitor this stuff?

3. When the help file doesn't mention version 8 for some Properties, Methods and Events, is that because they really aren't supported, or because they got missed in the documentation update?

Thanks.

Softanics
Site Admin

Re: A few newbie questions...

Postby Softanics » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:34 am

Thank you for your questions.

GuyWithDogs wrote:1. Why doesn't the ReadyStateChange event fire when I assign a file name to the .Movie property?

We've fixed this issue. Please download demo version again.

GuyWithDogs wrote:2. Are there no added events that detect when the SWF file reaches the last frame, or loops, or ??? Do I need to still run my own timer to monitor this stuff?

There is no special event for that. One of the way is periodically comparing current frame with totalframes - 1.

GuyWithDogs wrote:3. When the help file doesn't mention version 8 for some Properties, Methods and Events, is that because they really aren't supported, or because they got missed in the documentation update?

Last available version contains methods CallFunction and SetReturnValue and event OnFlashCall. They are preliminarily supported but documentation and samples are not updated yet.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

Return to “Delphi / Builder / VCL Edition”