What About the Macromedia Director Files

F-IN-BOX for Delphi / Builder C++ / VCL
aaaa

What About the Macromedia Director Files

Postby aaaa » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:37 pm

Dear sir/madam
is it possible to work your component with macromedia director files(shockwave) or not?

Thanks

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:49 am

As soon I know the standart player isn't able to play macromedia director files. The component is a wrapper around the standart flash player. So the component isn't able too.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:12 pm

Hi aaaa,

I am not sure what your requirements are, but personally I have gradually made the transition from Director to Flash.

Actually, I was asked by a customer to make a short multimedia intro a few monts ago. I chose to do the project in Director since I knew that best. When the whole thing was finished, they decided they also wanted to use the animation as a screen saver on Linux. That meant I had to re-implement the whole thing in flash since there is no Shockwave player that runs on Linux. My experience was that it was faster and easier to build the animation in Flash then it was in Director -- and the end result looks better.

I know there are things you can do in Director that you cannot do in Flash, but if you look at the presentations of the next verion of the Flash player (with blend modes, dynamic drop shadow and motion blur), I would say Flash is a development platform worth considering.

Return to “Delphi / Builder / VCL Edition”