using threads on multicore systems

DLL Edition of the F-IN-BOX
steveh

using threads on multicore systems

Postby steveh » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:06 am

Hello,

I have a finbox-enabled app which I can run multiple instances of and get good performance on a 4 core system.

My question is can I get similar performance out of 1 process with multiple flash instances by using threads with each finbox instance? If so, any pointers to libraries or techniques (boost, tbb, etc).

I'm mainly looking for guidance on whether this is common with finbox/flash OCX or if I should point my research in other directions.

Thanks!
Steve

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:04 pm

Hello,

Not sure that understand your question well.

You need to start flash movies in a few threads?

Thank you.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

steveh

Postby steveh » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:11 pm

I'd like to be able to take advantage of a computer with multiple cores to play multiple flash movies. I have created an executable with a single f-in-box/flash instance, and then created several instances of that program running simultaneously - this takes advantage of multiple cores because it is separate processes that Windows manages.

What I'd like to do is have a single executable with multiple f-in-box/flash instances be able to achieve similar performance through the use of threads or multi-core libraries. I'm not really asking "how" to do it (lol, unless you want to explain how), rather I'm asking if you know of any reasons why it would be technically difficult or impossible. Or if you know that a technique like this is commonly done with f-in-box.

Does that make sense?

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:49 am

Hello,

I think that if it works in the case of running a few processes, it should work well in a case of running of a few threads.

Thank you!
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,

F-IN-BOX support

Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

Return to “DLL Edition”