FlashPlayerControl License questions

DLL Edition of the F-IN-BOX
tconkling

FlashPlayerControl License questions

Postby tconkling » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:36 am

My company is interested in using FlashPlayerControl in a commercial application, and I have a few questions about it:

- Does Macromedia have any licensing requirements that we must fulfill in order to legally embed the Flash.ocx ActiveX control as a resource in our program's EXE?

- Assuming I'm the only developer that will be using the FlashPlayerControl, does my company need to purchase a new Single-User License for each commercial application we produce that uses the product, or is one license sufficient? It sounds like the various licenses apply only to the number of developers using the product, and not the number of programs developed with it, but the wording is somewhat unclear to me.

Thanks for the help,
Tim

Softanics
Site Admin

Re: FlashPlayerControl License questions

Postby Softanics » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:05 am

Thank you for your questions.

tconkling wrote:- Does Macromedia have any licensing requirements that we must fulfill in order to legally embed the Flash.ocx ActiveX control as a resource in our program's EXE?

You should contact with Macromedia / Adobe and ask it.

There are many so-called flash projectors which allow to include flash.ocx into applications. FlashPlayerControl allows you to do the same thing.

tconkling wrote:- Assuming I'm the only developer that will be using the FlashPlayerControl, does my company need to purchase a new Single-User License for each commercial application we produce that uses the product, or is one license sufficient? It sounds like the various licenses apply only to the number of developers using the product, and not the number of programs developed with it, but the wording is somewhat unclear to me.

One Single Developer License is for only developer. You can use FlashPlayerControl in any number of your programs.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

Return to “DLL Edition”