Rare Flash OCX SetVariable crash

DLL Edition of the F-IN-BOX
pdelaurentis

Rare Flash OCX SetVariable crash

Postby pdelaurentis » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:56 pm

Hi,

I'm currently looking into porting our usage of flash over to FlashPlayerControl. We currently use the Flash OCX directly in our Windows MFC / C++ application.

One of the main issues that we are fighting with is an intermittent crash when using SetVariable. It seems to happen in cases where we call SetVariable frequently within a given time period (usually when updating a progress bar with a frequently changing value).

This error does not happen frequently - 1 out of 50 - 100 times, but compromises the stability of our product :( I use static text buffers for any values sent to SetVariable (if using dynamic text buffers, the % of the time we see the error increases).

Whatever error is generated slips past any try-catches and we get a Windows Unhandled Exception in flash8.ocx.

Are you familiar with this problem, and aware of whether the FlashPlayerControl fixes or works around this issue?

Thanks in advance!
Pete DeLaurentis
Lead Software Engineer
Applications Group
NextEngine, Inc.
pete@nextengine.com

Softanics
Site Admin

Re: Rare Flash OCX SetVariable crash

Postby Softanics » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:02 pm

Thank you for your question.

pdelaurentis wrote:Are you familiar with this problem, and aware of whether the FlashPlayerControl fixes or works around this issue?

Do you have the same problem when you use Flash ActiveX directly?
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

pdelaurentis

Postby pdelaurentis » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:55 pm

Thanks for your help Artem,

Yes, I see this issue with the Flash Active-X directly. I am not using FlashPlayerControl yet, so can't say whether it occurs there (I'm trying to make a decision about whether to switch... and this issue is the main factor in the decision).

Have you ever seen this one either using the Active-X directly, or with FlashPlayerControl?

Thanks,
Pete

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:07 pm

pdelaurentis wrote:Have you ever seen this one either using the Active-X directly, or with FlashPlayerControl?

No, I didn't test it yet. If you can send me to support (at) flashplayercontrol.com a small project that demonstrates the problem, it would be great.

Do you call SetVariable from the same thread where Flash ActiveX was created?
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,

F-IN-BOX support

Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

Return to “DLL Edition”