Direct access to sound buffer?

DLL Edition of the F-IN-BOX
BrianWeed

Direct access to sound buffer?

Postby BrianWeed » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:53 pm

Is there anyway to get a pointer to the WAV buffer that a SWF contains?

In order to solve a problem with device contention on old sound cards, I need to play the sound myself.
We use the Miles Sound System (by RAD Game Tools), and on old sound cards, we are unable to play SWF audio while the Miles Sound System is active. One of the possible solutions is for me to get a pointer to the SWF sound buffer (I assume it's just raw WAV data), and I can pass that pointer to Miles and have Miles play the sound.

Brian

Softanics
Site Admin

Re: Direct access to sound buffer?

Postby Softanics » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:39 pm

Thank you for your question.

BrianWeed wrote:In order to solve a problem with device contention on old sound cards, I need to play the sound myself.
We use the Miles Sound System (by RAD Game Tools), and on old sound cards, we are unable to play SWF audio while the Miles Sound System is active. One of the possible solutions is for me to get a pointer to the SWF sound buffer (I assume it's just raw WAV data), and I can pass that pointer to Miles and have Miles play the sound.

In this system Flash Player doesn't play sounds?

We have plans related with intercepting / redirecting of sound, but it's not a nearest plans.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

BrianWeed

Re: Direct access to sound buffer?

Postby BrianWeed » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:48 pm

>> In this system Flash Player doesn't play sounds?

Right. Normally, these SWF movies play sound, but on some older sound cards, we get no sound from the SWF movie. It would be very helpfull to be able to intercept/redirect the sound.

Brian

Return to “DLL Edition”