Using the DLL in other languages like PureBasic ...

DLL Edition of the F-IN-BOX
headroom

Using the DLL in other languages like PureBasic ...

Postby headroom » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:01 pm

Hi!
I am new to this board, but since I have read about the possibilities of this dll, I am very curios about it. The only problem is that I am not very familiar with C++. I am an enthusiast PureBasic Developer and I know that it should be possible to use this dll with PB, too.... but I have no Idea of how to initialize the flash-window. Could you give a litte step-by-step tutorial of how to initialize and load a simpe swf-file into a window in basic? I mean - not necessarily in PureBasic - more like a general proceeding of how to do this.

What I already have done with PB is:

- OpenLibrary(1, "FlashPlayerControl.dll") --- (works)
- CallCFunction(1, "RegisterFlashWindowClass") --- (works)
- CallCFunction(1, "GetInstalledFlashVersion") --- (works)
- CallCFunction(1, "GetUsingFlashVersion") --- (works)

and now?

I hope there is somebody to help me,
thx a lot,
headroom

PS.: If it works and if I have a licensed version of the dll for a future application, I also have to distribute this dll with my app.... but how is it protrcted then from beeing used by a third person? I mean - If I buy a license but want to make a free app - the dll is distributed with this app...

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:16 pm

Thank you for your question.

You should use winapi function CreateWindowEx to create a window. Use FPC_PutMovieA to load a movie. You can find signature of the f-in-box functions in the files included in the demo zip: FlashPlayerControl.h, functions_decl.inl
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

headroom

Postby headroom » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:38 pm

It works!! Thx a lot!

I am almost happy... I just want to know something about this license issue:
If it works and if I have a licensed version of the dll for a future application, I also have to distribute this dll with my app.... but how is it protrcted then from beeing used by a third person? I mean - If I buy a license but want to make a free app - the dll is distributed with this app..

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:57 pm

Don't worry about that: everyone who uses the library illegally will respond ;)

In other words, use demo version only for testing, and buy a license for real application. And don't worry that someone copy the dll to his project. This is not your problem, this is an our problem. And we have many ways how to solve that.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,

F-IN-BOX support

Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

Return to “DLL Edition”