application as stand alone .exe file

DLL Edition of the F-IN-BOX
max1

application as stand alone .exe file

Postby max1 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:28 pm

I am trying to compile my application as a stand alone for instance: "game.exe" file. right now everytime I build and publish the .exe file has to be in the same folder as the flashplayercontrol.dll file for it to install. This is driving me crazy. Please: Can anyone tell me what to do to publish my application file as one .exe that works on any computer without any dependancy on other files? Thank you so much!!!

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:35 pm

Thank you for your question.

Do you use DLL Edition? DLL Edition means that you use DLL, i.e. your application will depend on the dll. Another options is to use static library. In the nearest release, static libraries for VC 6 / 7.1 / 8 will be included. Currently static library for VC 7.1 is available. If you have source code, you can already now create static library for VS 2005.

If you use .NET Edition, your application will depend on the component. Just put it in the folder near the EXE.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

max1

Postby max1 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:04 pm

I am using the .Net version. I was told that my application could be built with the component embedded. I really need to have one exe to distribute to my customers. I don't want to deal with having to tell them to keep the component (flashplayercontrol.dll) in the same folder as the .exe file. Besides, I would be have to distrubute the .dll file and that would be a violation of the license. Is there any way I can combine the .exe and the flashplayercontrol.dll files into one .exe for distribution? Thank you for your help so far.

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:52 pm

Using .NET edition, an application is depend on flashplayercontrol.dll, because flashplayercontrol.dll is a regular .NET assembly.

The distribution flashplayercontrol.dll with your application doesn't violate the license.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,

F-IN-BOX support

Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

Return to “DLL Edition”