Drawing Flash to another DC

DLL Edition of the F-IN-BOX
theomania

Drawing Flash to another DC

Postby theomania » Mon May 02, 2005 1:19 am

Hi There,

Love FlashPlayerControl. Brilliant work. I am trying to paint my flash file to an arbitary DC (transparency, the whole bit). I'm having trouble acheiving this however.

I have 1.1 source, and can see in CFlashWindow that you are capturing the WM_PAINT message (specifically, to draw the demo text). And you are assigning it to do DefWindowProc. I was wondering if you could give me any hints on where or how i might have the flash control paint to a specific DC. I know you can acieve this using other interfaces like IViewObjectEx and others. Any ideas?

I also noticed 1.2 has the ability to export frames to bitmaps, is a similar method used for this?

The ultimate goal of this is to be able to acheive transparent windows to the deaktop... a mighty useful feature.

Regards,

Theo

theomania

Not to worry...

Postby theomania » Mon May 02, 2005 7:49 am

I basically answered my own question :)

This does lead to one more question, i am having trouble applying WS_EX_LAYERED to the flash control. I am able to do this to the container window with some tweaking, but this does not solve my problem. I notice the actual flash window is created during the INPLACEACTIVATE process. I dont seem to be able to manipulate the creation process, and i get an error if i try SetWindowLong on the EX styles after the window has been created.

Any tips anyone has to apply this EX style would be most appreciated.

Regards,

T.

Return to “DLL Edition”