Load f_in_box.dll failed in IE7

DLL Edition of the F-IN-BOX
TomFang

Load f_in_box.dll failed in IE7

Postby TomFang » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:20 pm

We have a ActiveX control which will be embedded in a web page. And the web page will be load with IE7.

We link the f_in_box.lib in the compile time. We see in the Visual Studio 2003 load our ActiveX control but immediately unload it. If we don't link the f_in_box.lib then our ActiveX control will be load successfully. Another test is that if we load f_in_box.dll at runtime using LoadLibrary Win32 API and GetProcAddress for the exported functions our ActiveX control load fine. Do you know any issue on this one?

By the way we use Mozilla & Ogre in our ActiveX control.

Also for the runtime loading we are not able to get FPCN_FLASHCALL on the event handler.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

TomFang

Postby TomFang » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:13 pm

Another one is that if we run in stand alone exe with runtime loading f_in_box.dll the FPCN_FLASHCALL event handler is working.

I just wonder that if there is any difference between IE7 and stand alone exe?

Thanks again.

Tom

Softanics
Site Admin

Re: Load f_in_box.dll failed in IE7

Postby Softanics » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:06 pm

Thank you for your question.

TomFang wrote:We have a ActiveX control which will be embedded in a web page. And the web page will be load with IE7.

We link the f_in_box.lib in the compile time. We see in the Visual Studio 2003 load our ActiveX control but immediately unload it. If we don't link the f_in_box.lib then our ActiveX control will be load successfully.

There is no difference between:
you don't link f_in_box.lib at all
and
you just f_in_box.lib and you don't call any function from f-in-box.

There is no any startup code of f-in-box. Are you sure that IE unloads the ActiveX immediately, before any function from f-in-box is called?

TomFang wrote:Another test is that if we load f_in_box.dll at runtime using LoadLibrary Win32 API and GetProcAddress for the exported functions our ActiveX control load fine. Do you know any issue on this one?

By the way we use Mozilla & Ogre in our ActiveX control.

Also for the runtime loading we are not able to get FPCN_FLASHCALL on the event handler.

Yes, unfortunaly, actually flash events don't work when flash is used inside another ActiveX control.

Thank you.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

TomFang

Postby TomFang » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:47 pm

Thank you very much for the fast reply.
That's true if I just link the f_in_box.lib and don't call any function. It won't unload our ActiveX control and our control works fine in the IE. But if I call one of the exported function the IE will automatically immediately unload our ActiveX control. Anyway we can use dynamic runtime loading on the f_in_box.dll.

At last I just wonder why the event can not working inside another ActiveX container? And other events works fine such as FPCN_PAINT. Just curious only.

Thanks,

Tom

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:49 pm

TomFang wrote:At last I just wonder why the event can not working inside another ActiveX container? And other events works fine such as FPCN_PAINT. Just curious only.

It's still one of the most strange features for me. In some way (I don't know how), Flash detects that it works inside an ActiveX, and native events, such as OnFlashCall, OnFSCommand, don't work properly.

It's not an f-in-box feature. If you try to use Flash ActiveX inside another ActiveX, you will see the same behavior.

Thank you.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,

F-IN-BOX support

Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

TomFang

Postby TomFang » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:56 pm

Thank you very much for this valuable infomation. And thank you again for the fast reply.

Return to “DLL Edition”