Regarding F-In-Box for games

DLL Edition of the F-IN-BOX
ART_Adventures

Regarding F-In-Box for games

Postby ART_Adventures » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:30 am

Hello,

I am a small independent game developer considering purchasing F-In-Box. I am looking to play flash movie files in my games using DirectX, and I see from the examples in this SDK that F-In-Box offers a means to do this. However, I have the following concern that I hope somebody here would be kind enough to answer if they have the time and are so inclined.

I am concerned that by using F-In-Box to play movies in my game it may become "broken" as newer Flash.ocx controls are installed on the user's system by future Flash player updates. Is this concern justified or is there something about F-In-Box that I have misunderstood? I understand that there exists a feature whereby the flash.ocx can be embedded into my exe, or whereby F-In-Box can be loaded from a specific OCX file so as to force the version that is used, but I believe that I must pay an additional fee to adobe if I am to distribute the OCX file using this method. As an independent game developer, my aim is to reduce costs as much as possible. Thus, I am prepared to pay for F-IN-BOX, but not an additional fee to Adobe.

I should state that I will use only the stop and play commands for video playback.

Can anybody advise me regarding this issue?

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:48 pm

Thank you for your question.

You can use either already installed flash ocx, or loaded by a special function of f-in-box API.

If you are planning to distribute flash ocx with your application, you should contact Adobe regarding this.

Please write me if you need more assistance

Thank you.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

Return to “DLL Edition”