GetDIBits isn't working on all users systems.

DLL Edition of the F-IN-BOX
fnBrit

GetDIBits isn't working on all users systems.

Postby fnBrit » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:01 pm

I just launched a product which uses FlashPlayerControl to play the intro movies & tutorials, but some users are reporting that they don't see movies play at all on their systems - although some do hear the sound track being played from within the movie. One user reported seeing a yellow dot where the movie should have been. Has anybody experienced problems like this - it only appears to be a relatively small percentage of end users but it's enough to be significant & I want to find a solution. You can download the product (it's a PC game) at:

http://arcade.reflexive.com/downloadgam ... &CID=21352

P.S. this is not just an attempt to post a link to the game, I'm not after higher google pr! I'm hoping somebody can give some insignt into what the problem might be or hopefully has a machine where the movies aren't playing & might be able to give me pointers in the direction of any problems you have had getting FlashPlayerControl to work consistently on all systems.

FYI: flash8.ocx gets installed with the game & sits in the same folder as the games .exe, it is loaded via the CreateFileMapping > MapWiewOfFile >RegisterFlashWindowClassEx example that comes with the FlashPlayerControl.

Thanks,
Simon.

fnBrit

GetDIBits failing...

Postby fnBrit » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:29 pm

I'm using FPCM_GET_FRAME_BITMAP to grab frames from the FlashPlayerControl, then GetDIBits to copy the bitmap into a buffer I can access & display in the game, but on a few machines (one is a Win98, the other WinXP with SP2) the call to GetDIBits RETURNS ZERO scanlines copied, even though the HDC & BITMAPINFO look good. The machines having this problem have modern videocards in them - any ideas?

Simon.

Softanics
Site Admin

Re: GetDIBits failing...

Postby Softanics » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:23 am

fnBrit wrote:I'm using FPCM_GET_FRAME_BITMAP to grab frames from the FlashPlayerControl, then GetDIBits to copy the bitmap into a buffer I can access & display in the game, but on a few machines (one is a Win98, the other WinXP with SP2) the call to GetDIBits RETURNS ZERO scanlines copied, even though the HDC & BITMAPINFO look good. The machines having this problem have modern videocards in them - any ideas?

Simon.

What GetLastError() returns?
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

Return to “DLL Edition”