Invalid Window Class Name

.NET Edition of the F-IN-BOX
dcheeseman

Invalid Window Class Name

Postby dcheeseman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:17 pm

I am attempting to add the FlashPlayerControl to a test application. I can add the component to my toolbox but when I try to add it to the application I get an error "Invalid Window Class Name". I tried the demo application (Sample3_StandAlonePlayer) and it works fine. Is there something I am missing here. The help section for the .Net Edition seems to be down currently.

Softanics
Site Admin

Re: Invalid Window Class Name

Postby Softanics » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:21 pm

Thank you for your question.

dcheeseman wrote:I can add the component to my toolbox but when I try to add it to the application I get an error "Invalid Window Class Name".

Install Macromedia Flash Player: http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

dcheeseman

Postby dcheeseman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:31 pm

Flash Player is installed. I am currently using the Flash Player ActiveX and looking to replace it with the FlashPlayerControl. Flash files are playing in the ActiveX application without issue.

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:38 pm

dcheeseman wrote:Flash Player is installed. I am currently using the Flash Player ActiveX and looking to replace it with the FlashPlayerControl. Flash files are playing in the ActiveX application without issue.

FlashPlayerControl doesn't replace Flash ActiveX, FlashPlayerControl extends Flash ActiveX.

Do you get the issue when you open example projects, when you open forms with the Visual Studio Designer?

F-IN-BOX support

dcheeseman

Postby dcheeseman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:45 pm

The example program Sample3_StandalonePlayer compiles and runs fine. If I try to view Form1 in the View Designer I get the same error message and the form has the exception stack in it (ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Invalid Window Class Name...).

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:59 am

dcheeseman wrote:The example program Sample3_StandalonePlayer compiles and runs fine. If I try to view Form1 in the View Designer I get the same error message and the form has the exception stack in it (ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Invalid Window Class Name...).

Please try to launch Demo_Applications\Sample1_SWF_And_FLV_Player.exe. Does it work properly?

Thank you.

F-IN-BOX support

dcheeseman

Postby dcheeseman » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:01 pm

The Sample1 does not run from the demo application folder. I ran the code in visual studio and received the following error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception' occurred in system.windows.forms.dll

Additional information: Invalid window class name.

And the program breaks at Me.flashplayercontrol1.flashproperty_alignmode = 0

dcheeseman

Postby dcheeseman » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:34 pm

I used regsvr32 on the flash.ocx and I can now run the sample aplpications correctly.

I am trying to create a test application to do some evaluations. When I try to run the application I get the following error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeLoadException' occurred in FlashPlayerControl.exe

Additional information: Could not load type FlashPlayerControlLibrary.FlashPlayerControl from assembly FlashPlayerControl, Version=1.0.2197.18847, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

I tried registering the FlashPlayerControl.dll unsuccessfully.

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:28 pm

dcheeseman wrote:I used regsvr32 on the flash.ocx and I can now run the sample aplpications correctly.

Very good.

dcheeseman wrote:I am trying to create a test application to do some evaluations. When I try to run the application I get the following error:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeLoadException' occurred in FlashPlayerControl.exe

Additional information: Could not load type FlashPlayerControlLibrary.FlashPlayerControl from assembly FlashPlayerControl, Version=1.0.2197.18847, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

I tried registering the FlashPlayerControl.dll unsuccessfully.

Do you have the same problem with the projects in examples ( \Samples\VB.Net\ )?

F-IN-BOX support

dcheeseman

Postby dcheeseman » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:10 pm

I don't have any problems running the samples in the samples/vh.net folder or the demo folder with the executables.

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:23 pm

dcheeseman wrote:I don't have any problems running the samples in the samples/vh.net folder or the demo folder with the executables.

I can help you, but I need to see your code. You can post it via e-mail to support (at) flashplayercontrol.com

F-IN-BOX support

dcheeseman

Postby dcheeseman » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:12 pm

Problem solved. The test application I created was called "FlashPlayerControl". Changed the name and now everything is just peachy. Thanks for the help!

Return to “.NET Edition”