right click problem

.NET Edition of the F-IN-BOX
campbell

right click problem

Postby campbell » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:33 am

Hey guys I thought i would put this in a separate thread to ......well keep it separate.

I can no longer capture the m.Msg == 0x7b //WM_CONTEXTMENU after the last update.

I capture the right click context menu request and override it with my own.
I have not set the Standardmenu var in the flashcontrol and I used to be able to catch the 0x7b message in previous versions.

Any ideas?

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:57 am

Thank you for your question.

Now you should implement System.Windows.Forms.IMessageFilter:

Code: Select all

Public Function PreFilterMessage(ByRef m As System.Windows.Forms.Message) As Boolean Implements System.Windows.Forms.IMessageFilter.PreFilterMessage
        If m.HWnd.Equals(FlashPlayerControl1.AxHandle) Then
            System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine("AX message: " + m.ToString())
        End If
    End Function
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

campbell

Postby campbell » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:32 pm

Hey guys, this is dificult as I dont have control over the main application to do a Application.addMessgeFilter.

Alot of the time Flash is only the gui to the main application.

Surely you could allow the message to go through your WndProc if standardMenu variable is set to true, then allow the developer to handel the message?

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:07 am

campbell wrote:Hey guys, this is dificult as I dont have control over the main application to do a Application.addMessgeFilter.

You can't call Application.AddMessageFilter? Why?...

If you have ideas, how to provide the ability to handle message passed to flash activex, it would be great. Before we intercepted mouse messages of flash activex and passed it to the parent. Later we found that this way have problems, the double-click problem is one of them. We decided to add property AxHandle that returns HWND of underlying flash activex.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,

F-IN-BOX support

Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

campbell

Postby campbell » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:30 am

Bubble events?

Event driven can be lot smoother, and seeing your already handeling messages I wont have to.
Yeah I have been targeting the AX handel with all of my commands because the control wrapper I have created wraps around yours.

With flex coming out aimed at applications possibly raising a few more application targeted events would be good. Sorry these all come in under feature requests I know.

On AMF request.
On Port request. etc

Alot of work will be done with flex and AMF, so If you could capture amf connections and pass data back to it that would be something special. I know one of the guys at WebOrb and they have a full .NET AMF selization class which you might be able to work together with. Would be nice as Im unsure how extendable Apollo will be with custom .NET dlls. Flick me an email.

I apollogise I can call the addmessage command, set you wrong there.

Cheers once again,

Campbell

Return to “.NET Edition”