Handle Flash Player bug with FlashPlayerForm

.NET Edition of the F-IN-BOX
seesharp

Handle Flash Player bug with FlashPlayerForm

Postby seesharp » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:47 pm

Hi

when I load various movies sequentially into the Flash.ocx, FlashPlayerControl or FlashPlayerForm and make use of ExternalInterface calls, every application crashes with an exception, that must be related to non-managed code and thus to the Flash.ocx. With Forms that use the Flash.ocx directly or FlashPlayerControl, this bug can be omitted by reloading the .ocx or the control each time a new movie is loaded. This is fast enough, no user can recognize it. However, when using FlashPlayerForms, this work-around cannot be used.

Do you have any Idea, where the bug comes from (I already mentioned it on the Adobe forums but never got an answer) and do you have a work-around for FlashPlayerForm?

Kind regards

Alex

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:50 pm

Thank you for your question.

Could explain me, how you reload flash.ocx when you use FlashPlayerControl? I can't understand, why you can't use the same workaround with FlashPlayerForm...
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

seesharp

Postby seesharp » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:02 pm

Hi Artem,

sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I just wanted to indicate, that the problem arises, when using Flash.ocx directly and when using FlashPlayerControl. Hence I am sure, that it isn't a FlashPlayerControl problem. When using the Flash.ocx directly, I reload the .ocx, when working with FPC I relaod FPC. But what can I do when using FlashPlayerForm?

Alex

seesharp

Postby seesharp » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:04 pm

Hi Artem,

sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I just wanted to indicate, that the problem arises, when using Flash.ocx directly and when using FlashPlayerControl. Hence I am sure, that it isn't a FlashPlayerControl problem. When using the Flash.ocx directly, I reload the .ocx, when working with FPC I relaod FPC. But what can I do when using FlashPlayerForm?

Alex

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:18 pm

But can you reload FlashPlayerForm too?...

F-IN-BOX support

seesharp

Postby seesharp » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:34 pm

In fact, I could create a new form on the fly and load the new movie there, however, as the form might have various functionality attached at runtime, it would be more elegant if I could avoid this.

Regards

Alex

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:45 pm

seesharp wrote:In fact, I could create a new form on the fly and load the new movie there, however, as the form might have various functionality attached at runtime, it would be more elegant if I could avoid this.

Yes, I see... may be it's possible to catch the exception and continue execution of a program?...

F-IN-BOX support

seesharp

Postby seesharp » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:18 pm

Unfortunately not, the exception is a, sorry I forgot the correct name, it is thrown when memory is used, that belongs to another process / object ...
This kind of exception cannot occur in .NET, it can be catched but not correctly handeled afterwards. That means, I can get an indication, that it has been thrown, but the application crashes anyway.

Alex

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:17 pm

Could you upload anywhere a movie that produces thie exception. I want to test it.

F-IN-BOX support

seesharp

Postby seesharp » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:44 am

Yes, I'll try to uplaod a sample movie, it might take two or three days though, I'll inform you asap.
Thanks for looking into that problem.

Alex

Return to “.NET Edition”