How to deploy with clickonce with the new FinBox

.NET Edition of the F-IN-BOX
Dnx

How to deploy with clickonce with the new FinBox

Postby Dnx » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:29 pm

When i deploy application with clickonce, i get this error :

Code: Select all

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
   Windows          : 5.1.2600.131072 (Win32NT)
   Common Language Runtime    : 2.0.50727.42
   System.Deployment.dll       : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
   mscorwks.dll          : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
   dfdll.dll          : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
   dfshim.dll          : 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)

SOURCES
   Deployment url         : http://rtlbrusqldev01/BITProd/RTLZeLivePlugManager/ZeLivePlug_Manager.application
                  Server      : Microsoft-IIS/6.0
                  X-Powered-By   : ASP.NET

APPLICATION SUMMARY
   * Installable application.

ERROR SUMMARY
   Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
   * Activation of http://server/BITProd/RTLZeLivePlugManager/ZeLivePlug_Manager.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
      + File, f_in_box.dll, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
   No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
   There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
   * [05/01/2007 15:57:56] : Activation of http://rtlbrusqldev01/BITProd/RTLZeLivePlugManager/ZeLivePlug_Manager.application has started.
   * [05/01/2007 15:57:56] : Processing of deployment manifest has successfully completed.
   * [05/01/2007 15:57:56] : Installation of the application has started.
   * [05/01/2007 15:57:56] : Processing of application manifest has successfully completed.
   * [05/01/2007 15:57:58] : Request of trust and detection of platform is complete.

ERROR DETAILS
   Following errors were detected during this operation.
   * [05/01/2007 15:58:00] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (HashValidation)
      - File, f_in_box.dll, has a different computed hash than specified in manifest.
      - Source: System.Deployment
      - Stack trace:
         at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, Hash hash)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyFileHash(String filePath, HashCollection hashCollection)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyManifestComponentFiles(AssemblyManifest manifest, String componentPath, Boolean ignoreSelfReferentialFileHash)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyStrongNameAssembly(String filePath, AssemblyManifest assemblyManifest)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.StrongNameAssemblyComponent.Verify()
         at System.Deployment.Application.ComponentVerifier.VerifyComponents()
         at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDependencies(SubscriptionState subState, AssemblyManifest deployManifest, AssemblyManifest appManifest, Uri sourceUriBase, String targetDirectory, String group, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.DownloadApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc, Int64 transactionId, TempDirectory& downloadTemp)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.InstallApplication(SubscriptionState subState, ActivationDescription actDesc)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut)
         at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
   No transaction information is available.

can u help me?

kind regards

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:26 pm

Thank you for your question.

I have one idea, but I need your help. Could you please download demo version from our site, change the reference in your project from the full version to the demo version and try again. Do you get the same error?

Thank you in advance!
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

Dnx

Postby Dnx » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:50 pm

Sure i can help you!

it works with the demo version!

amazing... !

regards

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:55 pm

I found the solution!

But at the first, about the reason of the problem. As each full version is a personal, some files (for example, f_in_box.dll) are patched by the server before a registered user downloads it. That's why your version of the assembly f_in_box__lib.dll contains invalid value of f_in_box.dll hash. So you should resign f_in_box__lib.dll. You need key pairs (keypair.snk) that was used when f_in_box__lib.dll was signed first time (I will send you this pair right now -- please check your mailbox; futher we will include this file in the full version). Before using full version resign the f_in_box__lib.dll:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\sn.exe" -Ra f_in_box__lib.dll keypair.snk

I have just checked and ClickOnce works well now!
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,

F-IN-BOX support

Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

Dnx

Postby Dnx » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:32 am

thank you for this response !!!

it works now!

daves561

Postby daves561 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:53 pm

I'm still confused what to do with keypair.snk, etc. It's not at all obvious from Microsoft's documentation. I have the DLLs being published, but I'm getting the hash error mentioned above.

I tried resigning using the command above but nothing changed.

What do I need to do to publish this? Do I need to include the .snk file somewhere?

daves561

Postby daves561 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:29 pm

Check that; problem solved. Apparently all you have to do is put the .snk file in the same folder as the DLL and it works.

Return to “.NET Edition”