A small memory issue

.NET Edition of the F-IN-BOX
seesharp

A small memory issue

Postby seesharp » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:25 am

Hi

To load various movies into f_in_box__control using ExternalInterface calls, we have to go a 'weird' way. We unload the FlashPlayer / f_in_box__control and reload it anew. This is to avoid Access Violations of the FlashPlayer.

Now, although I call Dispose on my f_in_box__control object, everytime I reload it I get 4MB additional Memory usage. No matter if I load an .swf or not.

Could you give me a hint how to avoid this increase ?

Best regards

Alex

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:53 pm

Thank you for your question.

Please insert GC.Collect after Dispose. Does it help?
If not, please send me small project -- it would be great!
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

seesharp

Postby seesharp » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:59 pm

I'll try that.

Alex

seesharp

Postby seesharp » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:37 pm

Hmmm,

now my issue really needs your expertise.
I've added code to dispose the control and GC.Collect. This works fine concerning the memory issue.
Strange enough, without that code I am able to replace the control and the contained movie from within the control itself:
flash --> ExternalInterfaceCall to the form --> unload the f_in_box__control --> reinstantiate a control --> reload a new movie

as soon as I dispose the control, the whole code hangs. Obviously this must be related to some flow of messages. If I invoke the very same from another form it works.

Do you have any idea or possible solution as one of my customers would like to replace a movie in this way.

Alex

seesharp

Postby seesharp » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:17 pm

Found a work-around for that issue:

I pass the reference to the current f_in_box__control to another variable and dispose it triggered by a timer and not directly by the method called from Flash (I guess the situation is quite difficult to understand)

Regards

Alex

Return to “.NET Edition”