New to F-IN-Box w/ASP.NET

.NET Edition of the F-IN-BOX
DickLTech

New to F-IN-Box w/ASP.NET

Postby DickLTech » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:50 pm

I'm building an ASP.NET site. We will be specializing in our own movies, making them and selling them. Before I spend the bucks on this component, I need to know if it will fill my needs.

I want to build a client view of playing a movie with screen, play/pause, stop, jump forward, jump back, scroll anywhere in the movie, and mute sound controls available to the user. I'd also like the option of a "use full screen" button. Our site will have short movie clips in most cases. We may have whole movies in the future.

Can I ship the movies in a stream to the client? Without special server sw??

I use Premiere Pro/After Effects. Do I build an FLV file of the movie or a SWF file?

If I can put the above buttons to control the movie on the clients form, do I have to make up the bitmaps for the buttons or are some supplied??

I'd like an app that allows the viewing of our movie clips similar to NBC.com's "view past episodes" of their programs control has.

In a nutshell, can I do it w/F-IN-Box??

Dick

Softanics
Site Admin

Re: New to F-IN-Box w/ASP.NET

Postby Softanics » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:39 pm

Thank you for your questions.

DickLTech wrote:I want to build a client view of playing a movie with screen, play/pause, stop, jump forward, jump back, scroll anywhere in the movie, and mute sound controls available to the user. I'd also like the option of a "use full screen" button. Our site will have short movie clips in most cases. We may have whole movies in the future.

Is the client view an application (i.e., EXE, executable file)?

DickLTech wrote:Can I ship the movies in a stream to the client? Without special server sw??

You can create an EXE for each your movie. Movies will be loaded from resources (for example). Also such EXEs can load the movies from your server.

DickLTech wrote:In a nutshell, can I do it w/F-IN-Box??

f-in-box .net is not an ASP.Net component such as buttons and so on. Typically, f-in-box is for end-user applications. You can also use f-in-box on the server side for some tasks: converting movies to video etc. But not for displaying flash movies on web-sites.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

DickLTech

Postby DickLTech » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:18 pm

So... if F-IN-Box won't work for me as in having somebody out there in INet land use his browser to connect to my ASP.NET site and play a movie clip from my server, then here is not the place to be.

Are there any suggestions where I could go to investigaye accomplishing this activity???

In any case... may you live long and prosper...

Dick

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:45 am

DickLTech wrote:So... if F-IN-Box won't work for me as in having somebody out there in INet land use his browser to connect to my ASP.NET site and play a movie clip from my server, then here is not the place to be.

Are there any suggestions where I could go to investigaye accomplishing this activity???

I'm sorry, but I can't understand your questions. Could you please describe again your task?
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,

F-IN-BOX support

Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

Return to “.NET Edition”