Proxy support ?

.NET Edition of the F-IN-BOX
raz-l

Proxy support ?

Postby raz-l » Tue May 15, 2007 4:10 pm

Hi, the software I'm developing using f-in-box will be used on PCs that may need to connect to the internet through a proxy.
I'm using flash remoting inside the loaded swf (AS3), but can't seem to specify the use of a proxy in actionscript...

Could there be a way for f-in-box to intercept the remoting calls and re-route them using the proxy ?

Actually I had something working involving AxCode_OnLoadExternalResourceByFullPath but the method doesn't receive the GET/POST content nor request headers, only the url, so I couldn't relay the complete request to the proxy using .net ...
(was using a stream from HttpWebRequest with a proxy property)

thx

Softanics
Site Admin

Re: Proxy support ?

Postby Softanics » Tue May 15, 2007 4:17 pm

Thank you for your question.

raz-l wrote:Could there be a way for f-in-box to intercept the remoting calls and re-route them using the proxy ?

Unfortunaly, f-in-box doesn't intercept such calls.

Is it possible to rewrite such parts of flash code in C# (for example), and call it from flash (using external API, for example)?
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

raz-l

Postby raz-l » Fri May 18, 2007 12:43 pm

Softanics wrote:Unfortunaly, f-in-box doesn't intercept such calls.

and no way the AxCode_OnLoadExternalResourceByFullPath could intercept the body of the request, as it does with the url ?

Softanics wrote:Is it possible to rewrite such parts of flash code in C# (for example), and call it from flash (using external API, for example)?

nope, we used the same remoting service as the website part, so we don't have to write a webservice for the exe...

well... we'll find an other way around... too bad flash itself cannot connect using proxies...

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Fri May 18, 2007 1:01 pm

raz-l wrote:and no way the AxCode_OnLoadExternalResourceByFullPath could intercept the body of the request, as it does with the url ?

Unfortunaly, no...
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,

F-IN-BOX support

Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

Return to “.NET Edition”