Windows XP Embedded Shell

.NET Edition of the F-IN-BOX
ionflow

Windows XP Embedded Shell

Postby ionflow » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:56 am

I've built a Janus application that uses your f-in-box libraries and I'm trying to run my Janus application as a Windows XP Embedded Shell. I'm trying to replace the usual explorer.exe shell with this application I've built. My Janus application seems to be running just fine because the app starts up just fine when XP starts up and has all the window controls expected and the background color expected, but the flash object isn't being loaded into the application. Janus has the option of embedding the flash.ocx (i believe by using your libraries), and I've tried it both ways: 1.)with the embedded Flash9d.ocx and 2.)without using the embedded ocx and I get the same results. No flash file (no flash player?). Is there some other .dll's or file dependencies that I don't know about that might be keeping my SWF from being loaded? I should also note that my Janus application runs just fine if I use the typical explorer.exe shell and start my Janus app from the start menu. Switching to the Janus app as my shell makes it stop working. Thanks for your time!
-ionflow

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:47 am

Thank you for your question.

It would be beter if you contact Janus team with this problem. I hope they will create a small test project that reproduces the problem and we fix it.

Thank you!
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

ionflow

Postby ionflow » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:45 pm

I tried using one of your example apps for the shell (http://www.f-in-box.com/download/FlashP ... DotNet.zip) that brings in an external swf and flv and it worked great. I am working with Janus to figure out what the problem might be. Thanks for your time.

ionflow

Postby ionflow » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:47 am

After some trial and error I have discovered that loading an SWF as a file (not as an embedded resource) at application startup, does not work on XPe when running a Janus application as a Windows Shell. Does your example application (Sample1_SWF_And_FLV_Player.exe) load an embedded SWF resource when it starts up or is the SWF that plays in the player a file? If it's a resource, this may be the reason it worked in this case when I tried it.

Softanics
Site Admin

Postby Softanics » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:19 am

ionflow wrote:After some trial and error I have discovered that loading an SWF as a file (not as an embedded resource) at application startup, does not work on XPe when running a Janus application as a Windows Shell.

How do you specify a path to the file? You should use full path, bot relative.

ionflow wrote:Does your example application (Sample1_SWF_And_FLV_Player.exe) load an embedded SWF resource when it starts up or is the SWF that plays in the player a file?

Sample1_SWF_And_FLV_Player loads a movie from resource.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,

F-IN-BOX support

Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

ionflow

Postby ionflow » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:58 pm

Thank you for your help. It appears that if you put a relative path into the Janus GUI the application, when used as a shell, can't do it's normal business of turning it into an absolute path. Regardless of whether it's a resource or file, making the path absolute did the trick. Cheers!

Return to “.NET Edition”