f_in_box__form as MDI child

.NET Edition of the F-IN-BOX
oilspill

f_in_box__form as MDI child

Postby oilspill » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:29 pm

I need to create an application with a couple of flash animations on top of each other

As f_in_box__control doesn't provide transparency then I am going to try and use f_in_box__form

I have created two forms and they load correctly but as I want to keep control of them under one application window then I'd like to have them as MDI children with my main application as the parent

However when I set f_in_box__form.MdiParent = true the form disappears, any ideas?

Thanks

Softanics
Site Admin

Re: f_in_box__form as MDI child

Postby Softanics » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:05 pm

Thank you for your question.

oilspill wrote:I need to create an application with a couple of flash animations on top of each other

You can use:

Code: Select all

flash_control.FlashMethod_LoadMovie(0, "..."); // first movie
flash_control.FlashMethod_LoadMovie(1, "..."); // second movie
flash_control.FlashMethod_LoadMovie(2, "..."); // third movie

oilspill wrote:As f_in_box__control doesn't provide transparency then I am going to try and use f_in_box__form

I have created two forms and they load correctly but as I want to keep control of them under one application window then I'd like to have them as MDI children with my main application as the parent

However when I set f_in_box__form.MdiParent = true the form disappears, any ideas?

f_in_box__form works correctly only when it is a non-child window. Unfortunaly, this is a limitation of so-called layered windows (f-in-box uses it).

Thank you.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

oilspill

Postby oilspill » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:14 am

Thanks, I am going with the flash_control.FlashMethod_LoadMovie method but having some problems with the movie loading correctly

Both movies are written in ActionScript 3 published with CS3

If I load only one of them into level 0 then the actionscript works fine (movie initializes and buttons work)

However if I load both of the movies (one into level 0 and the next into level 1) then the actionscript only runs in the movie that is loaded into level 0.

Are there any known issues with loading movies into levels and AS3 or any other ideas what may cause this?

oilspill

Postby oilspill » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:37 am

Just tried this in the browser and experienced the same problem so I imagine it is something with ActiveX loadMovie into levels?

So I have given up on that and now load one flash movie which has a function within it to add other flash movies to it as children

This works fine.

Return to “.NET Edition”