FLV Playback - yet another solution

F-IN-BOX for Delphi / Builder C++ / VCL
abb

FLV Playback - yet another solution

Postby abb » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:46 pm

Hi, All,

First of all some background...

Yet in 2004 I've written a solution to play FLV files in FPC v. 1.X, which supports native Flash mechanism for FLV files loading and playback. Later similar feature has been added into the official version, but my solution has a couple of very important advantages:

1. It supports native Flash mechanism of FLV playback, so any SWF, capable to play FLV, will work with this tweaked FPC. You don't need to rewrite Flash content to use it with FPC. Maximum what was required to do in Flash, was absolute URL assignment for FLV file, if you're using Flash Plaver of version 8. It was just one line of ActionScript, which doesn't affect to the Flash movie work in a web browser.

2. It supports a reference to TStream descendent object, transferred, as a Var parameter into the OnLoadExternalStream() event handler. None of "stream-to-stream" copy operations is performed here. Flash Player directly uses handle of your stream to navigate across the stream and to play it immediately as stream becomes to be available. So, you can flawlessy work with gigabyte streams or work with some special kinds of streams, e.g. read video data from a structured storage files.

3. I've used a pointer to TStream, as Var parameter, transferred into the event handler. Working with PStream we can change the real reference while video is paused. So, Flash Player will not reload our stream, though real stream has been changed. It is useful sometimes.

My question is - how about current state of this feature in the latest version of FPC? As far as I've found, something similar is implemented now through OnLoadExternalResourceAsync() event. Does this method suit to my #1 and #2 above? As for #3, it is definitely absent in the FPC official version.

Thanks in advance.

coolshadow

Postby coolshadow » Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:05 pm

e,e,e

I don't know.
What I care about is just that when will the next version come out. :oops: :oops:

Return to “Delphi / Builder / VCL Edition”