TextInput with Transparent Flash Player

F-IN-BOX for Delphi / Builder C++ / VCL
eflc

TextInput with Transparent Flash Player

Postby eflc » Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:41 am

I understand that in transparent mode the control cannot get focus (why actually? what have layered windows to do with it?) but when I set MakeParentTransparent to true, it sort of works, that is I can focus the InputBox and type into it perfectly ok. The only odd thing is that the Input text cursor flickers unreasonably quickly. Is there any way to fix/work around the issue?

Is there are way to make the normal FlashPlayerControl be "transparent", by setting the WMode or something like that?

Softanics
Site Admin

Re: TextInput with Transparent Flash Player

Postby Softanics » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:16 pm

Hello,

eflc wrote:I understand that in transparent mode the control cannot get focus (why actually? what have layered windows to do with it?)

TTransparentFlashPlayerControl is not a window control, it means that TTransparentFlashPlayerControl can't receive focus.

eflc wrote:but when I set MakeParentTransparent to true, it sort of works, that is I can focus the InputBox and type into it perfectly ok. The only odd thing is that the Input text cursor flickers unreasonably quickly. Is there any way to fix/work around the issue?

Unfortunately, no; this is a known issue.

eflc wrote:Is there are way to make the normal FlashPlayerControl be "transparent", by setting the WMode or something like that?

The real semitransparency is possible with TTransparentFlashPlayerControl only.

Thank you.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

Return to “Delphi / Builder / VCL Edition”