FlashVideoPlayer in Sample08

.NET Edition of the F-IN-BOX
Muir

FlashVideoPlayer in Sample08

Postby Muir » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:34 pm

I’d like to use the FlashVideoPlayer.swf in sample08 in my application, but I have a few questions.

1. Is this permitted by the license? (I have licensed f-in-box). Can I redistribute it as part of my application? Can I modify it?

2. There’s no .fla file for this swf, but there is for many/all of the other swf files in the samples. Is this intentional? How do I modify it?

3. When I play a flv video file using sample08 (C#), it plays slightly differently depending on how I do it. If I select a file with “Play Automaticallyâ€￾ checked, after the play completes the video disappears (goes black). If I do it with “Play Automaticallyâ€￾ not checked, after play completes the last frame is remains displayed. In my application I want to show the last frame when the play completes, but I can’t work out what’s causing it to happen (no doubt its something obvious). What’s causing it?

thanks

Softanics
Site Admin

Re: FlashVideoPlayer in Sample08

Postby Softanics » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:18 pm

Thank you for your questions.

Muir wrote:1. Is this permitted by the license? (I have licensed f-in-box). Can I redistribute it as part of my application? Can I modify it?

Yes, you can redistribute and modify it.

Muir wrote:2. There’s no .fla file for this swf, but there is for many/all of the other swf files in the samples. Is this intentional? How do I modify it?

Please check your email, I've just sent you a letter.

Muir wrote:3. When I play a flv video file using sample08 (C#), it plays slightly differently depending on how I do it. If I select a file with “Play Automatically” checked, after the play completes the video disappears (goes black). If I do it with “Play Automatically” not checked, after play completes the last frame is remains displayed. In my application I want to show the last frame when the play completes, but I can’t work out what’s causing it to happen (no doubt its something obvious). What’s causing it?

Frankly speaking, I can't answer you right now (I just don't know an answer...). Anyway, I hope that you will find something in the source code.

Thank you.
Best regards, Artem A. Razin,
F-IN-BOX support
Ask your question here: http://www.f-in-box.com/support.html

Muir

Postby Muir » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:26 pm

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Return to “.NET Edition”